Welcome, Thank you for visiting my website

I am so excited for this next chapter of my career and look forward to creating special memories with you as you celebrate or commemorate love, life or loss.

A little about me:

I have worked in the Finance and Education sectors all my working life and have a strong background in compliance work. To compensate for my very analytical brain I have found enjoyment in the theatre. I have performed directed and critiqued many shows.

I have two sons, my eldest is an Avionics Engineer who now teaches at Aviation Australia and My youngest son is a professional singer and is currently performing in Les Miserable in the UK.

Both reflect the analytical and theatrical!

I am also a Justice of the Peace (Qual) and I volunteer my time with the JP in the Community program at the Smithfield Shopping Centre.


Celebrant for all occasions
Celebrate | Commemorate

My Services

I truly am a celebrant for all occasions. I can look after and create the perfect ceremony for you. Whether it be a traditional wedding or a special birthday party; I would love to be involved in creating those special memories.

Marriage Ceremony

The length and inclusions for your ceremony is entirely up to you; it could range from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes. I can plan and work with you to create your perfect ceremony from large traditional weddings to small intimate gatherings.

Thinking of an overseas ceremony?  I can perform the legal components before or after you go overseas.

You will need to consider and approach two people to be your witnesses and they must be over the age of 18.

Vow Renewals

Often when you reach a milestone anniversary couples consider renewing their vows. This is such a special ceremony; time to reflect, recommit and celebrate your love with those that were not even born when you first got married.

However, you wish to celebrate I can work with you to plan a memorable ceremony to celebrate your love.

Baby Naming Ceremonies

Baby Naming ceremony is usually held to celebrate the arrival and naming of a new baby.  Mostly they are held at the same time as a 1st Birthday Party.

Parents make promises, grandparents may also be involved, and good friends or family members nominated as ‘Life Guardians’.  There are no legalities involved with Baby Naming ceremony, they are more just a recognition of the gift of life and love and the miracle of birth. 

Anniversaries / Special Birthdays / Graduations

Together we can create a short meaningful ceremony at any special event in your life or a significant loved one.


Funerals - Memories - Ashes Scattering

Most celebrants work directly with a Funeral Director; however, you can book me directly for the funeral service. I can also create a special ceremony to honour and remember your loved one at a memorial service or a scattering of ashes.

I Recommend

Wedding Planners






Upon your enquiry I will give you an information pack which will include my fees and refund policy.

After your free initial interview; I will present you with a fee schedule and an agreement to sign for your consideration before engaging my services.

Have a Question?


If you have a question that I  haven’t covered, please contact me and I will gladly get back to you with an answer

If special circumstances exist, a Prescribed Authority may approve your Application to Shorten Period of Notice of Intent to Marry.

Special circumstances are:

  1. Wedding or celebration arrangements, or religious considerations.
  2. Employment Related or other travel commitments
  3. Medical reasons.
  4. Legal proceedings.
  5. Error in giving notice.

You must attach documents as evidence of your reason for shortening, such as letters of employment, travel documents, airline tickets, receipts of payment, letters from medical practitioners or court orders.  Your executed NOIM, copies of your supporting identity documents and a letter from your celebrant should also be included.

A Civil Marriage Celebrant has certain obligations under the Marriage Act 1961.  I will explain these to you during our first meeting.  Once these obligations are met, the contents of the marriage ceremony are up to you.  I can write the entire ceremony as overseen by you or guide you in writing your own ceremony.   You may wish to include symbols, a special dedication or a cultural tradition or ritual.

Two people, over the age of 18 are required to act as witnesses.  They should be able to speak and understand English, otherwise an interpreter will be required.  At the completion of the ceremony you, the Marriage Celebrant and the witnesses will be required to sign the Marriage Register and Marriage Certificate.

A surprise wedding ceremony is a ceremony whereby most guests, if not all, only learn that a marriage ceremony is to take place moments beforehand.  Often guests arrive believing they are attending an engagement or birthday party.  The surprise element cannot extend to any party to the marriage.  In other words, no matter how romantic or appropriate the gesture may seem, a Groom cannot surprise his Bride (or vice versa) with a marriage ceremony.

No. However you may wish to contact the organisations below:

Centacare FNQ                                   Relationships Australia Qu     

22-34 Aplin Street,                                125 Grafton St                                         

Cairns QLD 4870                                  Cairns QLD 4870                                      
Phone: (07) 4044 0130                            Phone: (07) 4041 6063                              

I will also provide you with the pamphlet Happily Ever… Before and After.

A groom or bride can obtain a marriage certificate after the wedding from the office of Births Deaths and Marriages in the state in which he/she was married.

No.  The certificate you receive at the end of your ceremony is a commemorative certificate and will not support your application to change your identity documents.  I will lodge the official documentation with the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages on your behalf after the marriage ceremony.  You should then contact the Registry directly to obtain a legally recognised certificate.

Yes!  I conduct ceremonies throughout Australia.  We can discuss the details at our initial meeting.

Scroll to Top

My Services Include:

  • An initial, obligation-free meeting to discuss the process of writing your ceremony and the legal requirements for your marriage. You will also receive an information kit. Should you wish to proceed, I would ask that you complete a booking form, sign my service agreement and pay a non- refundable booking fee to secure my services.
  • A second meeting, during which we will discuss the first draft of your ceremony and attend to the lodgement of the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). I will also need to sight the identification documents relevant to your circumstances. Shortly after the second meeting I will email you the first draft of your ceremony. We can meet again to discuss or correspond as often as you like via Skype, email or telephone.
  • A rehearsal of your ceremony at the venue (venue permitting) in the days prior to your ceremony.
  • A professionally printed commemorative marriage certificate.
  • Completion of all legal paperwork and lodgement with the relevant authorities on your behalf. (Please note, after the marriage, couples seeking a copy of their Standard Marriage Certificate must apply for same from Births, Deaths and Marriages. For privacy reasons, I cannot apply for a copy of your certificate.)
  • I will dress appropriately and discuss with you any colour scheme and theme you may have for your ceremony


  • You must both be over 18 years of age.  If one person is under the age of 18, marriage is still possible by parental consent as per section 12 of the Marriage Act.
  • A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be lodged with a Celebrant at least one calendar month prior to the wedding ceremony.  I will prepare the document and witness your execution of the document.   I must also sight your original birth certificates or passports.  If either of you have been previously married, I will need to sight an original Divorce Certificate or Death Certificate.  Certified copies of supporting documentation cannot be accepted.
  • To obtain a copy of your Birth Certificate or the Death Certificate of your former spouse contact theRegistry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
  • If you require a copy of your Divorce Certificate or Decree Absolute, contact the Family Law Court in the state in which the marriage was dissolved.
  • The ceremony must be witnessed by two people, over the age of 18 years. 
  • The Marriage Act 1961 requires that certain statements are included in your ceremony.  I will explain this in more detail at our first meeting.


If parties born overseas do not have a passport and are unable to obtain a full birth certificate, I can prepare a statutory declaration for your execution.

Foreign language documents must be translated into English and a NAATI accredited Translation Certificate supplied.